|History of the Firm
1954 Franz Rath establishes this quarry business.
1958 At the World´s Fair in Brussels, the firm was awarded the Gold Star, recognizing not only the high quality of the stone but also the outstanding collaboration on the Austria pavillon.
1960 To accomodate the steady growth, the enterprise is expanded by adding Anton Rath as partner.
1966 The trademark "Stainzit" is established, and several specialized patents are received.
1974 The ongoing enterprise is incorporated as "Brueder Rath Steinbrueche Ges.m.b.H.".
1975 In order to handle growing demand, a branch operation is established in Woellersdorf, near Wiener Neustadt, south of Vienna.
1986 The firm is recognized by the State of Styria, with the official state seal.
1994 After forty years in the business, Anton Rath, Sr., retires and his son, Anton, succeeds to the leadership of the firm.
1999 An additional branch operation is established at Ried im Traunkreis, near Linz.